The Government of Ontario requires all major redevelopment projects, including new hospitals, to follow a 5-stage process, outlined here.
We are currently in Stage 1A of this process with approval to move through Stages 1 and 2 granted on March 9, 2022.
In Stages 1 and 2, we detail everything that is required in the hospital for the next 30 years, including:
- Detailing programs and services that will be required
- The volumes of the programs and services
- Number of beds required
- Component space requirements (detailed listing of every room with associated area)
- Completing architectural block schematics, locating services in the new building and redeveloped space and describing function and flow of users
- Identifying the location of building on the site and describing the new construction, renovation, and demolition phasing plan
- Engineering reports (i.e. traffic studies)